The organizers of the Seoul International Women’s Film Festival have announced that the festival is accepting films for the 2016 edition.
The 17th edition of the Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (SIWFF) will take place from June 6th until 8th (2016) in Seoul, South Korea.
The festival is accepting full-featured and short films from all genres including fiction, documentary, animation and experimental movies that deals on various aspects of life from a woman’s perspective or provide insight into gender issues.
Submission Regulation for General Competition
(Entry Form and Rules & Regulations can be downloaded HERE)
- Films that present various aspects of life from a woman’s perspective or provide insight into gender issues.- Films must be completed after June 2015 and retain Korean premiere status.
- If film is selected the festival will contact the director on or before February 15, 2016
- The films can be submitted via Online or by Mail (or in person).
- For Online Submissions you must send an e-mail with a completely filled-out entry form and a digital video file or an online link to the film (video should not be over 2GB).
- For Mail Submission (or in Person) you must submit a preview DVD copy and a complete filled-out entry form. The Screener copy must be the final version of the selected film, identical to the actual screening copy (Physical address of the film festival can be obtained in their website, please check below for it).
- Films in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
Submission Regulation for Short Films & Video Competition
(Entry Form and Rules & Regulations for Short Film and Video Competition can be downloaded HERE)
- Short films and videos completed after June 2015 and directed by a woman whose national or ethnical identity is Asian.- The length of a film or video should be less than 40 minutes.
- The short film or video can be submitted via Email or Post.
- For Email submission you must send a secured online link to the film or video or a digital file to download.
- For Post submission you must send 3 DVD copies of the film or video to “3F., 27, Seorae-ro 2-gil (78-12, Banpo-dong), Seocho-gu, Seoul (Zip 06580), South Korea”.
Deadline for submission:
General Submission - January 29th, 2016
Short Films & Video Competition – February 19, 2016
(Submissions postmarked by the deadline will be accepted)
For more information please contact the festival at program(at)siwff.or.kr and siwff.asianshortfilm(at)gmail.com or visit their website at http://www.siwff.or.kr